This policy also explains your choices surrounding how we use information about you, which includes how you can object to certain uses of information about you and how you can access and update certain information about you. If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Service or interact with any other aspect of our business.
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Service, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
- Information you provide to us - we collect information about you when you input it into the Service or otherwise provide it directly to us.
- Account and Profile Information - we collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences. For example, you provide your contact information when you register for the Service. We keep track of your preferences when you select settings within the Service.
- Content you provide through our products - we collect and store content that you post, send, receive and share. This content includes any information about you that you may choose to include.
- Information we collect automatically when you use the Services - we collect information about you when you use our Service, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Service.
- Your use of the Service - We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with the Service. This information includes the features you use; the links you click on; the type, size and filenames of attachments you upload to the Service; frequently used search terms.
- Device and Connection Information - we collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Service.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
What does this confidentiality policy govern?
This confidentiality policy (hereinafter - the Policy) applies to all information, including personal data in the meaning of applicable law (hereinafter - “Personal Information”), which Trood LLC and/or its affiliates, including those in the same group as Trood LLC (hereinafter referred to as Trood) may receive about you in the course of using any Trood websites, programs, products and/or services (hereinafter referred to as “Services”), information about which you can find at trood.com and other sites belonging to Trood (hereinafter referred to as "Sites"), and in the course of execution by Trood/its affiliates of any agreements and contracts signed with you in connection with your use of the Services. Trood may also receive Personal Information from its partners (hereinafter referred to as “Partners”), websites, programs, products or services of which you use (for example, from Trood advertisers). In such cases, transfer of Personal Information is possible only in cases established by applicable law and is carried out on the basis of special agreements between Trood and each of the Partners. Please note that the use of any of the Sites and/or Services may be governed by supplementary conditions that may make changes and/or additions to this Policy.
Who processes information?
For users located in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, Trood is represented on the territory of the EEA and Switzerland by Trood Oy, a legal entity established under the laws of Finland, registered at: Moreenikatu 6, 04600 Mäntsälä, Suomi, Finland).
What is the purpose of this policy?
Protecting your Personal Information and your privacy is extremely important to Trood. Therefore, when you use the Sites and Services, Trood protects and processes your Personal Information in strict accordance with applicable law.
Following our responsibility to protect your Personal Information, in this Policy we would like to most transparently inform you of the following points:
- (a) why and how Trood uses ("processes") your Personal Information when you use the Sites and/or Services?
- (b) what is the role and responsibilities of Trood as a legal entity deciding why and how to process your Personal Information?
- (c) what tools you can use to reduce the amount of personal information Trood collects about you?
- (d) what are your rights with respect to the processing of personal information?
What Personal Information Trood collects about you
Personal information collected during operation of the Sites and/or provision of the Services may vary depending on whether you use your account to access the Sites and/or Services or not. In cases where you log in to your account, the Personal Information collected by Trood during your use of the Sites and Services may be compared and linked to other Personal Information collected by Trood as part of your use of your account (for example, information about your identity, contact details, age and gender, if they were provided to Trood). Trood does not verify the Personal Information provided by you and cannot judge its authenticity, or whether you have sufficient legal capacity to provide your Personal Information. Nevertheless, Trood assumes that you provide accurate and sufficient Personal Information, as well as timely update it.
Trood may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you during your use of the Sites and Services:
- Personal information you provided when registering (creating an account), such as your name, phone number, address and age;
- electronic data (HTTP headers, IP address, cookies, web beacons/pixel tags, browser ID data, hardware and software information);
- date and time of accessing the Sites and/or Services;
- information about your activity during the use of the Sites and/or Services (for example, the history of search requests; e-mail addresses of those with whom you maintain correspondence; e-mail content and attachments, as well as files stored in Trood systems);
- geolocation information;
- other information about you necessary for processing in accordance with the conditions governing the use of Trood specific Sites or Services;
- information about you that we receive from our Partners in accordance with the terms of agreements concluded between you and the relevant Partner, and agreements concluded between Trood and the Partner.
Trood does not collect purposefully sensitive Personal Information (such as race, political opinion, health information, or biometric data). However, you can independently provide them to Trood, in which case Trood will process them in the framework of providing you with the Services (for example, if you specify search queries related to your health). In doing so, you should take into account that Trood cannot request your consent for such processing, as it is not aware in advance of the potentially sensitive nature of the Personal Information that you can provide to Trood.
Trood does not collect data for the purpose of creating a “portrait” of the user to the extent that this can significantly affect your rights and freedoms.
Data Protection: What Trood Community Platform (TCP) does about it.
TCP treats users' rights to data privacy and protection with great respect. We are doing best in demonstrating our commitment to this by strictly following applicable standards. We do need to collect and process users' personal information beyond what is required for the correct operation of our web resources and related products. We are dedicated to safeguarding personal information and following all requirements of GDPR and local data protection schemes.
Data protection regulations (GDPR) for the EU: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
Data protection regulations for the USA: https://iclg.com/practice-areas/data-protection-laws-and-regulations/usa
Your personal space
Welcome to TCP (Trood Community Platform). Here we are building a community of like-minded people who share passion and knowledge about cutting-edge software development technologies. If you're looking for advice or willing to share your experience in IT, we'd love to hear from you in our community discussions. If you are a product creator, business owner, or developer who wants to be in touch with industry experts, here in TCP you are in a good company of opinion leaders and other enthusiasts. There is only one little thing left: we invite you to register and get access to all materials and a personalized news feed! Please,sign upand stay at the same wave with us!